Exotic sailing trip to the Azores
When will we go?
*Depending on the flights the travel time may vary 1-2 days
I wish to sign up
Where will we go, what will we do?
Within two weeks, we plan to sail through the archipelago, visiting all major ports and islands. Longer travel time gives the opportunity to get more thoroughly acquainted with the local Azorean life, joy very distinctive nature and why not take a few days for a mountain hike. We’ll certainly, find reason for snorkeling and fishing.
Our voyage begins and ends at the port of Horta. To the destination we can fly via Lisbon using eg. Ryanair and TAP Portugal services.
Selected sailing yachts are meant for sailing on the ocean, ie. they are sufficiently large, safe and well-equipped. Although experienced skippers could manage the vessel alone, it offers plenty opportunities to test the team. Experience shows that during the journey also confident “land rats” will apprehend definitions of “bow”, “stern”, “groot”, “rampart”, etc …
Breakfast and preparing to leave the port,
Leaving the harbor
We will get to the next destination
Getting to know the destination, tour of the neighborhood, a party or dinner, etc.
Reaching the port of departure and destination are in addition to the team directly dependent on the weather conditions. We plan an average of 5-7 hours daily driving time, but there may also be longer or shorter crossings. The plan is to do a couple of night crossing, which add some excitement to the day and give some more land-time on some days.
Since the time cap between planning and occurrence of the trip is about half a year, some changes may occur. Due to flights the exact travel dates may vary 1-2 days. The route will depend on the agreements with the charter company, the weather conditions and the motivation of the team.In case of poor weather conditions (steady wind of 17 m / sec or more) we’ll stay on land.
- In case to one group signs up less participants than needed to organize the trip, we’ll offer a possibility to join another group or refund of the prepayment.
5 – 6 participants, 1 yacht
10 – 18 participants, 2 – 3 yachts
22 + participants,starting from 4 yachts
The price includes
- Living two weeks on a board of a sailing yacht, access all major islands in the archipelago.
- Learning the offshore sailing in theory and practice under the guidance of an experienced skipper.
- Food and drinks on board at least twice a day.
- Paid for marine fuel and port taxes, yacht insurance, extras and skipper hours.
You'll need some extra money for
- Airline tickets and transfer
- Entertainment on shore
- Travel insurance
- *We can assist with airline tickets and organizing the transfer
YOU'LL START TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP AFTER SIGNING UP
- Personal code (ID)
- Document number and expiry date
- Phone number and e-mail address
- Whether you’ll need assistance on booking the flights and/or transfer
Organizer of the sailing training
Johan Rannast; tel. +372 55 86271; firstname.lastname@example.org
Evelin Rüütli; tel. +372 53 492707; email@example.com
* Meltemi is a travel club, not an agency! We’ll offer sailing trainings and the revenues will be used to popularize sailing in Estonia and to promote healthy and close to nature lifestyle.
They signed up already