Autumnal sailing trip to the exotic western part of the Canary archipelago!
*Depending on the flights the travel time may vary 1-2 days
I wish to sign up
Where will we go, what will we do?
Selected sailing yachts are meant for sailing on the ocean, ie. they are sufficiently large, safe and well-equipped. Although experienced skippers could manage the vessel alone, it offers plenty opportunities to test the team. Experience shows that during the journey also confident “land rats” will apprehend definitions of “bow”, “stern”, “groot”, “rampart”, etc …
Estimated route (might change)
Saturday 22 October
Las Galletas (Tenerife) – San Sebastian (La Gomera)
Sunday 23 October
Whole day in La Gomera
Monday 24 October
San Sebastian – Santa Cruz (La Palma)
Tuesday 25 October
Whole day in La Palma
Wednesday 26 October
Santa Cruz – Puerto Estaca (El Hierro)
Thursday 27 October
Whole day in El Hierro
Friday 28 October
Puerto Estaca – Las Galletas
Last night in the yacht
* Leaving from and arriving to the port depends not only on the crew but also on the weather contitions. Average daily sailing time is 8 hours, some crossings are shorter, other longer. Since the distances between islands are long, we’ll take time out after every voyage and spend a whole day in the new destination.
Since the time cap between planning and occurrence of the trip is about half a year, some changes may occur. Due to flights the exact travel dates may vary 1-2 days. The route will depend on the agreements with the charter company, the weather conditions and the motivation of the team.In case of poor weather conditions (steady wind of 17 m / sec or more) we’ll stay on land.
- In case to one group signs up less participants than needed to organize the trip, we’ll offer a possibility to join another group or refund of the prepayment.
- The final decision about the trip is made 30 days before.
Discount price for groups and regular buyers – 700 EUR
The price includes
- Living two weeks on a board of a sailing yacht, access all major islands in the archipelago.
- Learning the offshore sailing in theory and practice under the guidance of an experienced skipper.
- Food and drinks on board at least twice a day.
- Paid for marine fuel and port taxes, yacht insurance, extras and skipper hours.
You'll need some extra money for
- Airline tickets and transfer
- Entertainment on shore
- Travel insurance
*We can assist with airline tickets and organizing the transfer
YOU'LL START TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP AFTER SIGNING UP
- Personal code (ID)
- Document number and expiry date
- Phone number and e-mail address
- Whether you’ll need assistance on booking the flights and/or transfer
Organizer of the sailing training
Johan Rannast; tel. +372 55 86271; email@example.com
* Meltemi is a travel club, not an agency! We’ll offer sailing trainings and the revenues will be used to popularize sailing in Estonia and to promote healthy and close to nature lifestyle.